Our Mission & Vision
The Gecko Garden Preschool Mission and Vision has been developed in consultation with parents and teachers. It explains who we are, what we value and what makes us a unique preschool in Phnom Penh.
Gecko Garden Preschool is:
- We are led by a voluntary Parent Management Group (PMG) that makes sound decisions on behalf of parents;
- We consider children, parents, staff and the school in our decision making processes;
- Our PMG provides opportunities for parents to be involved, contribute ideas and use their skills for the successful management of the school; and
- We have clear governance structures that clarify roles, responsibilities and processes.
- We tailor learning to each child’s needs and potential;
- We allow children to develop at their own pace; and
- We support children to enjoy the learning process.
- We value diversity as an opportunity to learn about other cultures; and
- We communicate in English because of our different backgrounds.
- We are owned by parents, and all fees paid by parents are invested into delivering quality education services and maintaining the success of the school; and
- We apply fair and sound financial procedures to remain financially sustainable.
- We encourage our children to be socially and environmentally aware; and
- We set a positive example by being considerate of others and the environment.
At Gecko Garden Preschool we offer:
- We encourage children to explore their environment, develop social skills, discover new concepts and be creative;
- We allow children to learn through play; and
- We provide an educational foundation to children.
A Nurturing Environment
- We provide a family-like atmosphere where everyone knows everyone else;
- We encourage families to build relationships outside the playground; and
- We demonstrate respect and support for children, parents and staff.
- We retain experienced and motivated teachers;
- We have a low turnover of staff to maintain stability; and
- We offer ongoing professional development to improve the capabilities of our teachers.
At Gecko Garden Preschool we expect:
Active Parent Involvement
We recognise parents are the primary educators of preschool aged children, so:
- We value the participation of parents, family members and/or caregivers in the classroom for the benefit of their children;
- We provide other opportunities for parents to engage in school-related activities, recognising that families have different capacities to participate; and
- We communicate with families to enable the learning process to be supported at home.